MADISONVILLE, KY (Mar. 18, 2022) — Effective Monday, March 21, 2022, the following visitation guidelines will be in place for Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville facilities. These guidelines will be in effect when Hopkins County’s Community Level of Covid-19 is low or medium. If the level is high, we will return to more limited visitation. The data we use to determine this level will come from kycovid19.ky.gov - kycovid19.ky.gov (egov.com).
Visitation hours are 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, 7 days per week.
Visitors are required to wear a hospital approved mask at all times within all facilities. This will be strictly enforced. If you are unable or unwilling, you will be asked to leave. Limited seating will be available in waiting areas. Social distancing is required.
The following areas will allow two visitors per patient:
- Inpatient (for non-Critical Care (CCU) patients) – One support person may stay overnight on medical/surgical unit.
- Critical Care (CCU) patients
- Surgery patients/Cath Lab – Two visitors allowed in waiting area with one allowed to go back with the patient when cleared.
- Pediatric surgery patients
- Labor & Delivery/Mother Baby – Two adult visitors allowed. One support person may stay overnight. A sibling of a newborn may also visit if fever-free for 24 hours and has no symptoms of illness.
- NICU – Two visitors restricted to parents, grandparents or designated support person.
The following areas allow one visitor per patient:
- Emergency Department
- Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Merle M. Mahr Cancer Center
- No visitation is currently allowed on the Behavioral Health Unit unless requested by treating physician.
- No children under the age of 16 are permitted to visit at this time, except siblings on Mother Baby.
- Clergy visits allowed upon patient/family request, during visiting hours.
- End-of-life /Hospice patients – Visitation is allowed and number of visitors will be determined on individual case basis.
- Covid-positive patients – Visitation must be pre-approved and scheduled.
Visitor restrictions will continue for Baptist Health Deaconess Medical Group clinic offices and outpatient facilities, which includes Urgent Care locations. One visitor per patient. Both visitors and patients are asked to wear a mask, socially distance, and expect to be evaluated for COVID-19.
For the latest information, visit BaptistHealthDeaconess.com or follow Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville on social media.