Salaries and Benefits
Our Residency Program starting salaries are as follows:
- First Year - $55,620
- Second Year - $57,165
- Third Year - $58,710
- Health: Baptist Health Deaconess provides the single basic plan for residents. Additional health, dental and vision plans are available at the expense of the resident, including family plans.
- Life Insurance up to base salary, with option for additional insurance.
- Optional disability insurance available.
- Retirement plans: 401(k) Plan with company match; Roth provision included with company match or a 457 (b) Supplemental Savings Plan.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Residents are covered by Baptist Health Deaconess, LLC
Vacation & other paid time off
- Three 7-day blocks of vacation per academic year
- 3 sick days per academic year
- 6 holidays observed — not guaranteed treated: for call and scheduling purposes like a weekend day.
- 5 CME days per academic year
- $100 monthly cell phone stipend
- $150 monthly meal stipend; Free breakfast and lunch provided in physician’s lounge M-F
- $400 technology stipend- one time to be used by the end of PGY-1
- $1200 (pre-taxed) transitional stipend- one time to help with moving expenses as PGY-1
- $2500 Chief Resident and $2000 Education Chief Stipend for academic year served
- CME funds are provided for educational purposes, such as attending conferences, cost of exams or purchasing educational materials.
- First Year: $1,500
- Second Year: $1,800
- Third Year: $2,100
- Free YMCA membership with 24-hour access.
- Free parking
- Free laundry service for white coats
- Paid course fees for BLS, ACLS & PALS
- Free notary services
- Paid KY licensure and DEA fees
- Paid AAFP and KMA membership fees