Living with Diabetes
Diabetes is a chronic or lifelong health condition that requires a lifelong commitment to manage it. Figuring out how to do so can be a challenge. At Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville, we’re here to help.
Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville Diabetes program
When it comes to diabetes, knowledge is power – and good health. Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville offers a wide range of educational services all focused on you.
Topics covered include:
- Diabetes education and services: an overview
- Diabetes education for the three main types of diabetes: type 1, type 2, and gestational
- Diabetes nutrition counseling from a registered dietitian, including individual assessment, customized meal planning, and menu ideas
- Blood glucose meter instruction
- Free glucose screenings
- Insulin and diabetes injectable instruction
- Insulin pump education
- Instruction for using a computerized blood glucose meter, including equipment choices, software downloads, and results interpretation
Educational services at Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville are designed with a single goal in mind: to show you that there is life with diabetes.