Procedures and Treatments
Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville's experienced staff provides comprehensive cardiology services for heart patients.
Our services include:
- Cardiac Care Center. Includes open-heart surgery recovery unit and cardiovascular unit on the same floor as surgery. All private rooms with sleeper sofas for family members. Also includes a two-person sleep room with full bath for out-of-town families.
- Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program. Screenings for carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease (PAD) and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
- Fast heart attack response. Treatment is provided more quickly than the national standard times set by the American College of Cardiology.
- Non-invasive cardiology services. Includes EKG, Holter monitors, echocardiogram and stress tests with an accredited echocardiogram lab.
- Radiology. Includes nuclear studies and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Cardiac catheterization. Determines how well the heart is pumping blood and detects blockages. Includes a less invasive approach called radial artery catheterization.
- Electrophysiology studies. Leading-edge technology to diagnose many heart conditions without surgery.
- Specialized units. Monitoring by a team of heart specialists.
- Open-heart surgery program. Procedures include coronary artery bypass grafts, complex valve repair and replacement and aortic aneurysm and atrial fibrillation surgery.
- Minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures. Includes off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB).
- Cardiac rehabilitation program. Helps patients recover and maintain good health.
- Device implantation. New devices, including bi-ventricular pacemaker and bi-ventricular implantable cardio defibrillator (ICD), that improve quality of life for congestive heart failure patients.
- Heart disease prevention and healthy eating information.
- Sleep disorders treatment. Care for sleep-related breathing problems in the Sleep Disorders Center.
- Information about risk factors, exercise, diet, heart-healthy living and surgical options.