When you need surgery for a vascular problem, Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville has every service you need. Our expert surgeons provide traditional and minimally invasive procedures including:
Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair - traditional and minimally invasive procedures (stent-graft repair) to prevent rupture.
Carotid endarterectomy - removes plaque from carotid arteries, restores blood flow to the brain and prevents stroke.
Leg artery blockage repair including:
About Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Bypass procedures - a synthetic graft is stitched around the blockage.
- Endarterectomy - plaque is removed from the artery to restore blood flow.
- Angioplasty - a small balloon is inflated inside a blocked artery to open it and squeeze the plaque against the artery wall.
- Stent-graft repair - angioplasty opens the blockage; a stent is placed to permanently hold open the artery.
- Thrombectomy/embolectomy - removes blood clot from artery with a special catheter.
- Vein stripping - removes varicose veins.
- Minimally invasive endovascular procedures repair diseased arteries from the inside out rather than from the outside.
- No large surgical incisions are needed.
- Tiny metal cylinders called stents are placed to hold open blocked arteries.
- You recover more quickly and return to normal activities in days instead of weeks.
- These procedures take place in a special operating room equipped with digital fluoroscopy and intravascular ultrasound - which allows your surgeon to see your vascular system on TV monitors during procedures.