At Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville, we are dedicated to the treatment and prevention of sports-related injuries. We are fully committed to providing you with the most up-to-date sports medicine care and comprehensive short- and long-term physical therapy and rehabilitation options.
Our Sports Medicine Program
Our sports medicine program distinguishes itself in many ways, including:
- Specialized knowledge: We are committed to specialty training and certification for our staff. We are proud to have five therapists certified in dry needling (a technique to reduce muscle pain).
- Constant learning: We are always looking for ways to treat our patients without surgery. We are committed to keeping up to date on the newest sports medicine treatments and technologies.
- Convenience: We offer the full range of sports medicine services, including imaging and X-ray services to diagnose sprains and fractures. We also fit braces and orthotics right in our offices.
Spills and falls happen when you least expect them. We are here to treat all your sports-related injuries, including:
- Shin splints
We go the extra mile to help our patients feel better without the need for surgery. Learn all about our total knee and hip replacement Joint Camp.
New Sports Medicine Technologies We Offer
We are committed to incorporating new treatment methods into our sports medicine offerings. This can greatly reduce the need for surgery and result in less invasive surgical measures.
We offer some of the most effective sports medicine technologies, including:
- Cortisone injections to reduce joint pain and swelling. These injections help many patients avoid the need for surgery.
- Dry needling to reduce muscle pain. Also known as myofascial trigger point dry needling, Chinese medicine has used this therapy for thousands of years to help reduce muscle pain in various parts of the body.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation at Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville
Rehab and physical therapy are key components to the overall health of the musculoskeletal (muscles, joints and bones) system. Not only can these therapies greatly improve healing time and quality of life after surgery, they help many patients avoid surgery altogether.
We are proud to offer comprehensive physical therapy services by highly specialized therapists with advanced training. These include:
- Acute rehab (intensive rehab for traumatic injuries)
- Exercise physiology (the science of exercise and how it affects the body)
- Hand Therapy
- Long-term acute care (intensive rehab for traumatic injuries)
- Occupational therapy (rehab that encourages healing through the repetition of daily activities)
- Outpatient services
- Pediatric therapy care
- Speech therapy
- Transitional care
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
Benefits of our physical therapy and rehabilitation services include:
- Reduced joint stiffness
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Improved muscle tone and muscle strength
- Reduced joint and muscle pain
In addition to our main Madisonville campus, Baptist Health Deaconess has four satellite locations for physical therapy. Our specialty-trained physical therapists take turns rotating through our various locations to make it easier and more convenient for you to receive treatment.
Hand Therapy at Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville
Problems with the hand’s delicate bones, nerves and joints require specialized knowledge to diagnose and treat. Orthopedic hand problems can include:
- Tendon injuries
- Nerve injuries
Many practices do not offer physical therapy geared towards the hands. At Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville, we are pleased to have a hand therapist on staff to provide your hands with the specialized care they need