What is a Virtual Care eVisit?
Baptist Health Deaconess Virtual Care eVisits are an easy way to connect with a provider online, without an appointment. An eVisit allows you to connect with a Baptist Health Deaconess provider using an online, symptom-specific questionnaire while logged in to MyChart. The provider will review the questionnaire and recommend a treatment plan and request prescriptions from your pharmacy, if applicable. Your insurance will be billed for this eVisit, if no coverage is found you will be billed for $30.
eVisits are only recommended for non-urgent health conditions.
Benefits of Virtual Care eVisit
Benefits of Virtual Care eVisit include:
- Access anywhere via your MyChart account on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Take care of common conditions for yourself or family members from the comfort of your home, or wherever you are located.
- Private, easy to use and secure.
- Affordable cost.
How to Get Started with an eVisit
- Sign in to MyChart on your computer or MyChart mobile app.
- Click "schedule an eVisit" from the Quick Links on the right hand side of the page.
- Next to your providers, select the option for "begin an eVisit".
- Fill out your questionnaire in its entirety.
- A virtual primary care provider will follow up with a recommended treatment plan for you. If you have a Baptist Health primary care provider, your eVisit can be sent to them.
Virtual Care FAQs
Who can use eVisits?
You must be located in Kentucky or Indiana when you submit the eVisit questionnaire.
When can I use eVisits?
An eVisit can be submitted 24/7, but questionnaires will only be reviewed Monday-Friday from 9 AM - 5:30 PM EST. If submitted during business hours, you can expect a 4-6 hour response time. If submitted outside business hours, you will receive a response the next business day.
Who answers submitted eVisit questionnaires?
If you have a Baptist Health primary care provider you can submit your eVisit to them. Otherwise, the eVisit will be sent to a virtual pool of providers.
What can doctors treat during Virtual Care eVisits?
eVisits are appropriate if you are suffering from the flu, screening for coronavirus, sinus issues, cold or cough, urinary tract infections, or allergies.
How can I pay for my eVisit?
Your insurance will be billed for this eVisit, if no coverage is found you will be billed for $30. If the clinical staff does not feel that this visit should be completed, you will be notified and not billed.