At Baptist Health Deaconess, we’re dedicated to improving the health of women in our Kentucky and Southern Indiana communities. We know that as a woman, your medical needs are complex and unique. For that reason, we customize our care to your specific needs.
Looking for a trusted hospital where you can have your baby delivered? Or want to learn more about life after menopause? The doctors, nurse practitioners and midwives at Baptist Health Deaconess are here to help. We also collaborate closely with other Baptist Health programs, such as our heart care, cancer care and neurology & neurosurgery centers, to make sure you get complete care throughout every stage of your life.
We see women for a variety of health conditions, including:
- Breast health: We encourage women to closely monitor their breast health through education, clinical exams and diagnostic mammograms. We also emphasize early detection and expert treatment of breast cancer.
- Gynecological issues: We provide specialized care for women’s gynecological health, including routine screenings and exams. We also see women who have complex conditions. Conditions we treat include:
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Interstitial cystitis
- Pelvic floor disorder
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome/ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Hormonal issues: An overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) can cause many uncomfortable physical symptoms and affect women’s menstrual periods and fertility. And menopause (the end of your menstrual cycle) can occur over the course of many years and can be linked to a variety of physical and emotional changes.
- Infertility: Healthy families are the cornerstones of our communities. Learn more about increasing your chances of having a baby via treatment options for infertility.
- Bone health: Post-menopausal women may have fragile, fracture-prone bones due to the drastic drop in their estrogen levels. Learn more about screenings and treatments for osteoporosis and other bone health issues that can help you stay healthy and active all of your life.
- Pregnancy and delivery: Our Mother & Baby care practitioners are ready to help you optimize your health for pregnancy, care for you while you’re pregnant, and deliver your baby at Baptist Health Deaconess. Find out more about our Mother & Baby Care.
- Women's heart disease: The signs and symptoms of heart disease can be quite different in women than in men. Certain women’s health conditions also make women more susceptible to heart problems.