Labor and Delivery
You can get your new baby off to the best possible start by delivering him or her at your local Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville hospital. Our experienced Labor & Delivery teams are available 24/7 to help you welcome your new little one into the world.
Why Choose Baptist Health Deaconess for Labor & Delivery?
Our Labor & Delivery specialists focus only on what’s important: you and your baby. Our personalized care approach means we’ll work to customize your baby’s arrival as much as possible to meet your wants and needs.
Do you have strong feelings about use of pain medication? We’ll work with you to customize your birth plan and offer options.
In addition, Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville offers:
What to Pack
- Seasoned professionals: Our Labor & Delivery teams are dedicated to caring for laboring moms and their babies. Many of your community’s most experienced obstetrician-gynecologists deliver babies at Baptist. In addition, many of our nurses have earned special certifications in obstetrics and newborn care.
- Comprehensive childbirth classes: Particularly if you’re a first-time parent, you want and need information on what to expect during labor and delivery.
- Dedication to “couplet care”: We focus on keeping moms and newborns together as a “couplet” (two-person team) as much as we can right after birth. In many cases, the same nurse or nursing team will care for you both throughout labor and again during your postpartum (after birth) hospital stay. We strongly believe that your health and that of your baby are closely connected.
- Advanced care for babies who need extra assistance: Our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is always prepared to treat newborns who develop health problems at or after delivery. Learn more about our NICUs:
- Up-to-date facilities and services: Baptist Labor & Delivery locations feature the latest innovations and features to make your birth experience as safe and comfortable as possible. For instance, many of our locations offer 4-D ultrasounds and dedicated labor & delivery operating rooms. All of our locations have 24/7 access to maternal-fetal medicine specialists, either on-site or via live videoconference. Learn more about maternal-fetal medicine.
Thanks to nesting, you’re probably tempted to bring everything from home to the hospital. We offer suggestions to determine must-haves and items that could come in handy.