Family Medicine Residency
Since 1971, Baptist Health Deaconess Residency Program has been dedicated to helping provide well-educated family physicians to rural Western Kentucky and beyond. We have a proud tradition of quality residency training, with graduates practicing all over the country, in both rural and metropolitan areas.
Our residency program is an important part of our vision to lead in clinical excellence, compassionate care, and growth to meet the needs of our patients. Most of our graduates choose to practice in rural areas, where both physician and patient benefit from our excellent family medicine residency training.
The Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville Family Medicine Residency Program offers many benefits, including:
- Single program institution allowing 1:1 training with other specialties
- Advanced technology in a rural setting
- Resident wellness & resilience is a top priority
- Competitive income with extra stipends
- Low cost of living with a great benefit package
- Diverse healthcare environment, including longitudinal primary care & specialty experiences
- 1:1 mentorship & guidance with experienced & passionate core faculty
- On staff Clinical Pharmacist, Social Worker & Psychologist
- Strong inpatient medicine with an open ICU
- Extensive outpatient care experience
- Obstetrics preparation & full exposure to procedures including C-Sections
- Moonlighting opportunities as a PGY-2 & PGY-3 resident
- Team-based care models
- Teaching opportunities with medical & pharmacy students
To download our brochure, click here.